United States Consulate General
360 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1S4
The entrance for all services (American Citizen Services and Visas) is at 225 Simcoe Street, directly behind the University Avenue entrance. Note: All services by appointment only.
- 416.595.1700 general inquiries, (Our switchboard operator has no consular or visa information.)
- 647.955.3736 if calling from the Toronto area for generic visa information and to schedule a visa interview appointment
- 1.877.341.2441 if calling from outside the Toronto area or the United States, for generic visa information and to schedule a visa interview appointment
- https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ to complete the required on-line visa application form (DS-160)
- http://canada.usvisa-info.com/ to schedule a visa interview and pay your non-refundable visa application fee online
- firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries on pending visa applications
The Consulate is open for business Monday through Friday, except on American and Canadian holidays
- American Citizen Services
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Report of Birth Abroad Applications
8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. ONLY
- Visa Applications
8:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
- Visa Applications
8:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Wednesday by appointment only
NOTICE: All visitors must be screened prior to entering the U.S. Consulate and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and hand-held metal detector. Moreover, personal items are also subject to full inspection by use of x-ray and other detection equipment.
Any visitor refusing to submit to security screening shall be prohibited from entering the U.S. Consulate.
The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Consulate:
- Food and beverages
- Backpacks, bags, luggage, etc.
- Weapons or tools of any kind
- Electronic or recording equipment of any kind to include laptops, cell phones, tape/CD/MP3 players, pagers, keyless remotes, etc.
- Oversized strollers
As we have no facilities for storing these items, please do not bring them when you visit the consulate.